Funds raised by Chinese developers slumped in August after the authorities ramped up scrutiny on homebuilders’ financing to crack down on speculative investments.
According to Tongce Real Estate Consulting, the 40 major listed developers raised a total of 36.83 billion yuan in August, slumping over 58 per cent from a month earlier.
Homebuilders got 7.46 billion yuan loans from Chinese banks, 41.8 per cent less than July . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly updates on China's financial markets - stocks, bonds, the yuan and commodities
- Interviews and discussions on topics you should never miss!
Already have an account? Sign In