Chinese regulators said they had meetings with trust companies whose real estate business grows "too fast" in a move to curb their' lending to homebuilders after developers’ aggressive land purchases raised concerns.
Trust companies are required to strengthen risk controls and to control the growth of the size of their real estate business to maintain it at a "reasonable level", said a spokesman of the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC) said in a press briefing on Saturday.
The . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In