Chinese regulators are reportedly targeting commercial banks' home mortgage loan business, part of efforts to ramp up scrutiny on the real estate sector's financing to prevent overheating risks, after the authorities recently tightened restrictions on other financing channels for the sector - trust companies' lending and bond issuance.
The China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC) will conduct a comprehensive inspection on 75 banking institutions in 30 cities to check . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly updates on China's financial markets - stocks, bonds, the yuan and commodities
- Interviews and discussions on topics you should never miss!
Already have an account? Sign In