China's regulators lined up to rally market confidence on Friday, pledging new rules, measures and words of comfort as shares brushed near four-year lows for the second straight day, eventually driving A shares stage a strong rally after recent sharp declines..
Vice Premier Liu He, who oversees the economy and the financial sector, said in an interview with the state-owned Xinhua news agency that the recent stock market slump "provides good investment opportunity" and that economic problems should be treated rationally.
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In