China's Vice President Wang Qishan urged the world not to turn its back on globalization but to work together to address the imbalances that have stoked opposition to increasing integration and interaction in many countries.
“Blaming others will not solve these problems,” Wang said in a speech Wednesday at the World Economic Forum in the Swiss resort town of Davos. Instead, governments need to deal with domestic resentment by pursuing structural reforms, maintaining growth and achieving more equality in income distribution, he said.
“The fundamental solution is that in making the cake bigger we need to weigh fairness and . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In