Chinese yuan weakened to a fresh 11-year low against the US dollar on Friday, fuelling concerns that China has given up ending the trade war with the US in the near term and will devalue the currency further to offset the effect of Trump's punitive tariffs on Chinese goods.
The offshore yuan extending its losses to near 400 pips, or about 0.5 per cent in the night . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly updates on China's financial markets - stocks, bonds, the yuan and commodities
- Interviews and discussions on topics you should never miss!
Already have an account? Sign In