Chinese yuan strengthened to a five-month high, breaking through 6.9-per-USD ahead of the planned signing of the phase one trade deal between China and the United States.
The onshore yuan rallied 0.32 per cent to 6.8968 against the greenback on Monday, the strongest level since July 31. The offshore rate gained 0.27 per cent to 6.8963.
“The yuan’s rally since last week has reflected the improving . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In