Beijing-based China International Capital Corporation (CICC), the country’s most prominent investment bank, becomes the latest to slash its China growth forecast due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
The bank stunned many in Chinese financial circles by slashing the forecast of the country's full-year real GDP growth in 2020 to a record low of 2.6 per cent, sharply down from 6.1 per cent estimated in January.
“Many poor . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- Original and data-driven reporting with details and perspectives you won't find anywhere else
- THE WIRE - A real-time platform focused on China, with up-to-the-minute updates
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- We focus. That's why you choose us.
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from intelligent readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In