China's real estate market is cooling further, adding more pressure on a sector already losing steam hit by a prolonged policy tightening and concerns about a slowing economy.
As of February 12th, 26 real estate developers tracked by the Centaline Property reported a 13.6 per cent decline in combined contracted sales, compared to the same period last year. In addition, more than 30 of the top 100 developers saw sales drop year-on-year, among which, 16 developers' sales dropped by more than 30 per cent.
According to property consultancy CRIC, the top 10 . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In