China should adopt an expansionary and much stronger fiscal policy and increase government spending in a move to prevent further economic slowdown, said Yu Yongding, a prominent economist at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, China's top state think tank, and former advisor to the People's Bank of China (PBOC), at a forum last week.
"The biggest challenge for China right now is the economic slowdown and many . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly updates on China's financial markets - stocks, bonds, the yuan and commodities
- Interviews and discussions on topics you should never miss!
Already have an account? Sign In