Goldman Sachs Group Inc. said on Wednesday it had applied to boost the stake in Goldman Sachs Gao Hua Securities Co. - its investment banking joint venture in China - to 51 per cent, the maximum permitted, from 33 per cent previously.
Beijing Gao Hua Securities Co., controlled by veteran Chinese banker Fang Fenglei and Legend Holdings, currently owns 67 per cent of the JV.
Taking full control of its China business . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In