The local government of Heilongjiang province in northeastern China bans property developers from acquiring land with borrowed money, in a move the cool the land market, help reduce leverage level in the sector and prevent systemic risks.
Real estate developers are required to promise before land bidding that they will pay for the land they bid with their own cash, instead of loans from financial institutions or funds from capital markets, according to a notice released by . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In