China's securities regulator said it will step up supervision over stock transactions to prevent risks as after the market rally is prompting more investors to take on debts to make stock investment.
"We have noticed recent reports on margin lending. We will closely watch the issue and step up supervision over the process of stock transactions," said China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) said in a press conference on Monday.
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In