Mobile phone makers continues to feel a chill in China, as total shipment fell 6 per cent in March from the same month last year as slowing economic growth took a toll on the sector.
The shipments dropped to 28.4 million units in March from 30.2 million units in March 2018, according to the China Academy of Information and Communications Technology (CAICT) under the Ministry of Industry of Information Technology.
The drop narrowed in March after four consecutive months of double-digit declines.
The . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In