More than 400 Chinese property developers have filed for bankruptcy so far this year, mostly small-sized ones, amid tightening government scrutiny, slowing home sales and the subsequent liquidity crunch.
As of October 27th, a total of 408 property developers had declared bankruptcy this year, according to the record on the website of China's People’s Court.
Most of the developers that went broke were small-sized companies based in China’s tier-three . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In