More than 400 Chinese property developers have filed for bankruptcy so far this year, mostly small-sized ones, amid tightening government scrutiny, slowing home sales and the subsequent liquidity crunch.
As of October 27th, a total of 408 property developers had declared bankruptcy this year, according to the record on the website of China's People’s Court.
Most of the developers that went broke were small-sized companies based in China’s tier-three . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In