"In the foreseeable future, China will not face a Minsky moment and it has not come to a point of financial crisis," said Yu Yongding, a prominent economist in China and former advisor to the People's Bank of China (PBOC), in a public conference on Wednesday.
Yu believes China have sufficient means and room to avoid a Minsky moment.
The “Minsky moment,” named for American economist Hyman Minsky, refers . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In