The local government of Hebei province has decided to ban all peer-to-peer (P2P) lenders, said the local regulator on Friday, after three provinces and one city took the most radical action by a provincial government against the sector in the past two months.
None of the 29 P2P lending companies operating in the region complied with regulations and passed their scrutiny, according to a statement released on Friday by the provincial financial administration of Hebei . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In