Chinese central bank expanded balance sheet in August primarily boosted by its re-lending to financial institutions.
Total assets of the People's Bank of China increased to 36 trillion yuan in August, 240 billion yuan more than a month earlier, according to the data released by the central bank last Friday.
The increase was primarily driven by re-lending to commercial banks. The PBOC's re-lending includes its loans to state-owned banks, joint-stock banks, regional banks . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In