The People's Bank of China (PBOC) on Wednesday conducted the first central bank bills swap (CBS) operation to support the issuance of perpetual bonds by commercial banks.
The CBS, valued at 1.5 billion yuan ($222 million), are open to primary dealers with a fixed rate at 0.25 per cent, according to a statement released by the PBOC. The swap will be due on Feb 20, 2020.
The . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly updates on China's financial markets - stocks, bonds, the yuan and commodities
- Interviews and discussions on topics you should never miss!
Already have an account? Sign In