The People's Bank of China (PBOC) injected 257.5 billion yuan via one-year 'targeted' Medium Term Lending Facility (TMLF) at a rate of 3.15 per cent on Wednesday, according to a statement released by the central bank.
The central bank announced the tool in December last year and used it for the first time today, ahead of the Chinese Lunar New Year falling on February 4th.
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In