China will cut the reserve requirement ratios (RRRs) for small and medium-sized banks effective from May 15th, said the People's Bank of China (PBOC) in a statement on Monday, in a move to ramp up credit support to small companies as trade tensions intensify.
The move will release about 280 billion yuan ($41.23 billion) in long-term funding, which will be used for loans to small and . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In