The People's Bank of China said on Tuesday that it will issue yuan-denominated bills in Hong Kong recently, only days after it sold 20 billion yuan bills in the city last week, in a move to support the currency as it's approaching the psychologically critical line of 7 per dollar.
Traders say bill issuance in the offshore market is only one part of the strategy to prop . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In