The People's Bank of China urged banks to base the interest rates on their new lending on the loan prime rate (LPR) - the new reference rate set by the central bank - as soon as possible.
In a meeting with officials of 24 financial institutions, Yi Gang, the governor of the PBOC, asked them to remove an implicit floor in lending rates and lower real loan interest rates, according to a statement released by the central bank.
The central bank . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In