The People's Bank of China urged banks to base the interest rates on their new lending on the loan prime rate (LPR) - the new reference rate set by the central bank - as soon as possible.
In a meeting with officials of 24 financial institutions, Yi Gang, the governor of the PBOC, asked them to remove an implicit floor in lending rates and lower real loan interest rates, according to . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly updates on China's financial markets - stocks, bonds, the yuan and commodities
- Interviews and discussions on topics you should never miss!
Already have an account? Sign In