China has relaxed funding rules for infrastructure projects to boost the slowing economy amid the bitter trade war with the US. Analysts believe that the new move could increase funding for infrastructure investment by up to 870 billion yuan.
Local governments are now allowed to use proceeds from special bonds for major infrastructure projects including highways, railways, electricity and gas projects, in a move to “increase effective investment, improve economic . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In