China and the United States are holding “in-depth” discussions on a first phase trade agreement and removing tariffs is an important condition to reaching a deal, the Chinese commerce ministry said on Thursday.
“China has emphasized many times that the trade war began with tariff hikes and should end with the removal of additional tariffs. This is an important condition for both sides to reach an agreement,” said Gao Feng, spokesman of the ministry at a . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In