Resolving financial risk will remain China’s top priority in 2020, said Huang Hong, the vice chairman of China’s Banking and Insurance Regulatory Committee (CBIRC), at a press briefing on Monday.
The regulator will prioritize cleaning up the assets of financial groups built upon “wrongdoing”, dismantling shadow banking, preventing illegal credit flowing into the real estate market and curbing property bubbles, Huang said.
The CBIRC will also work with the central bank on cutting . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In