Shenzhen is exploring the possibility of issuing offshore government bonds directly in Hong Kong and Macau, instead of raising funds via its financing vehicles.
The city's local finance bureau proposed the plan at the annual local legislature meeting earlier this week, part of the efforts to reinforce connections with financial markets in the two cities, reported the local government-run Shenzhen Special Zone Daily.
It would be the first direct offshore bond sales by . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In