State Grid Corp. of China announced Wednesday that it has set up a 50-50 joint venture with the technology arm of Evergrande Group, one of China's biggest real estate developers, in a move to create a network of electric-vehicle (EV) charging stations to support the country’s drive towards cleaner transportation.
The new company, Guoheng Smart Energy, has a registered capital of 180 million yuan ($26.2 million), according to an announcement.
Evergrande’s investment comes through . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In