Steel rebar futures in China surged by 1.5 per cent on Monday to hit the highest since 2013, extending a rally since early July boosted by rising spot steel prices following recent step-up of restrictions over steel production and the government's pledge to increase infrastructure spending to prop up the economy.
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In