Struggling Chinese companies on the brink of delisting or facing net losses this year are turning to the real estate market to bolster their books and avoid being delisted.
Twenty-three publicly-trade companies have announced plans to sell real estate holdings in the fourth quarter, according to stock exchange disclosures, with 12 of them having made net losses in the first three quarters.
Shenzhen Quanxinhao Co., Ltd., a company principally engaged in property management . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In