Tangshan city in northern China's Hebei province rolls out home resale restrictions in a move to rein in property speculation and prevent the local housing market from overheating.
The municipal government imposed a 42-month resale ban, in which, homeowners are not allowed to resell their property within 42 months after purchase, according to a document released by the local authority on Friday. The new rule will apply to newly built housing units purchased after Jan . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In