Chinese authorities have been tightening financing rules for real estate developers to curb risks in the sector and prevent the housing market from overheating. That has added to pressure on cash-starved developers and brings many of them, especially small-sized ones, to bankruptcy.
As of July 23, 271 property developers had declared bankruptcy this year and in July alone, 34 developers have declared bankruptcy, equivalent to an average of 1.48 bankruptcy case each day, according to the record . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In