The US has damaged the atmosphere for negotiations with its recent moves and without sincerity, there was no point in coming for talks and nothing to talk about, said China's state media on its social media account, part of stepped-up patriotic and combative rhetoric as China-US trade tensions escalate.
US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Wednesday he will likely travel to Beijing soon to continue trade talks with Chinese negotiators as the world’s two largest economies try to end their months-long trade war. But China’s Commerce Ministry said on Thursday it had no . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In