The US has damaged the atmosphere for negotiations with its recent moves and without sincerity, there was no point in coming for talks and nothing to talk about, said China's state media on its social media account, part of stepped-up patriotic and combative rhetoric as China-US trade tensions escalate.
US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Wednesday he will likely travel to Beijing soon to continue trade . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In