China should deepen supply-side reform in the financial sector and strengthen the sector's role in the economy and its ability to serve the real economy, said Chinese President Xi Jinping in a study session of of the CPC Central Committee Political Bureau on Friday.
Xi stressed that finance is a core aspect of a country's competitiveness, financial security is an important part of national security, and the financial system is a major part of China's economic and social development, according to the state-run Xinhua News Agency.
He urged enhancing the global competitiveness of China's . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In