The Chinese yuan broke through the key psychologically line of 6.9 yuan per dollar in the onshore market on Friday for the first time since last December amid escalating trade conflict with the United States.
The onshore yuan closed the day at 6.9188 per dollar, down over 0.5 per cent from the previous day, while the offshore yuan weakened to 6.95 per dollar at one point . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In