The abrupt shift of the US-China trade talks and rapid escalation of the trade tensions between the two countries have thrown Chinese yuan into a round of sharp depreciation.
Analysts believe the recent daily fixing set the central bank shows that the couter-cyclical factor is already in play to support the currency and despite the mounting pressure, the chance for the yuan to break through the critical psychological level of 7 per USD is still small.
China on Monday announced plans to hike tariffs on $60 billion a year of US imports, after the US imposed higer tariff . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In