The city of Zhangjiagang in eastern China's Jiangsu province removed restrictions on home resale on Tuesday but reversed the decision one day later.
The policy reversal came after several Chinese cities eased real estate restrictions in recent months and the statement of a key policy meeting last week removed the expression on housing restrictions, sparking speculations of possible easing of property policies.
Zhangjiagang introduced the restrictions in August 27 2017, which banned home buyers . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In